1) America’s largest inland regatta, the 2013 EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta, kicks off today along the banks of, and on the Allegheny River along Point State Park. Attractions include one of the nation’s biggest boat races, the Powerboat Superleague North American Championships; The Marvelous Mutts, a talented bunch of dogs who perform free-flying feats including leaps into a 14,000-gallon pool of water; the Anything that Floats Race; a burger-eating contest;, fireworks; bands; food; Beach Burg; amazing sand sculptures; a Kid’s Zone; and more. Today’s featured bands are local dance/funk band Dancing Queen (6 p.m.) and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons tribute band, The Jersey Four (8 p.m.). Bands perform on the OneMain Financial Main Stage, Point State Park. Downtown. Today’s hours are noon until approximately 9:30 p.m. Free. Runs through July 4th.
2) Rich Engler Presents brings legendary musician and leader of the Allman Brother’s band, Greg Allman to the Byham Theater for a concert. Greg Allman and the Allman Brothers Band were early pioneers in the Southern rock genre of the 1970’s. Allman will be performing his own songs plus some of the bands rich catalog of top hits which include: “Jessica,” “Sweet Melissa,” “Blue Sky,” “Rambling Man,” and “Midnight Rider.” Allman has continued to remain relevant with high-quality blues/rock music throughout the years and has charted in each decade. An accomplished pianist, organist, guitarist, singer and songwriter, he crafts each song and performance with a little bit of his soul. He has been through a lot and has continued to rise to higher levels of music and spirituality. His brother Duane was tragically killed in a 1971 motorcycle accident when he swerved to avoid hitting a truck that had pulled out onto the road. Greg Allman was married to Cher for a short period in the 1970’s. Opening artist is Pittsburgh rock-royalty Joe Grushecky. 101 6th St. Cultural District.
3) One of the nations hottest and most talented pop music artists, Bruno Mars, is in town for a show tonight at the Consol Energy Center. Mars has enjoyed nice success with hits “Locked Out of Heaven (a way hot party tune),” “When I was Your Man,” “Just The Way You Are” and “Treasure (great retro funk song).” Mars is a Grammy award-winning artist who has had ten consecutive singles chart in the top ten. Mars is traveling under the Moonshine Jungle World Tour banner. 7:30 p.m. Consol Energy Center. 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
4) Thunderbird Cafe’s Space Exchange series continues tonight with Dave Throckmorton. The hip-hop band includes drummer David Throckmorton with Akil Esson (MC), Paul Thompson (bass), Chris Parker (guitar), and Ben Opie (sax, FX).. 9 p.m. No cover. 4023 Butler St., Lawrenceville.
5) It’s Bike Night at Jergel’s Rhythm Grille , get those Harleys, Hondas, and BMWs rolling. Entertainment outdoors by local rockers The Neids Hotel Band. 8 p.m. No cover. 103 Slade Ln., Warrendale.