1) Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers, Pittsburgh rock royalty, play a gig tonight at South Side’s Club Cafe. Grushecky and band are touring in support of their CD We’re Not Dead Yet. 9 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th St., South Side.
2) The Pittsburgh Power Arena Football Team takes on the Utah Blaze in their season opener. Consol Energy Center. 6 p.m. 1001 Fifth Ave., Uptown.
3) The Smiling Moose hosts several rock bands on their upstairs stage, Masters of the Universe, Romance Ponies, and Shadow Rats. 10 p.m. 1306 E.Carson St., South Side.
4) Andys Wine Bar in the Fairmont Hotel, presents jazz vocalist Tania Grubbs who will be singing beautiful jazz standards. 8 p.m. – midnight. No cover. 510 Market St. Downtown.
5) Manor at Midnight, a fun film series that starts as the clock strikes midnight every Saturday at the Manor Theatre, features Kill Bill: Volume 1. This flick, written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, stars Uma Thurman as a bride who was left for dead by a team of assassins (of which she was a part) at her wedding. Recovering, after some time in a coma, she seeks revenge on those who betrayed her, especially Bill. Also starring David Carradine and Daryl Hannah. 2003, R rating. 1729 Murray Ave., Squirrel Hill.