1) The perfect setting for a date or a night out with the girls is at First Niagara Pavilion for Maroon 5. The radio-friendly rockers rose to fame with their 2002 album Songs About Jane, which includes singles “She Will Be Loved” and “Harder to Breathe.” Most recently, Maroon 5 is hitting the airwaves with singles from their latest album, Overexposed, including “Love Somebody” and “Payphone.” If those songs don’t jog your memory, you may recognize lead singer Adam Levine from the musical reality show The Voice and as a recurring character this past season of “American Horror Story: Asylum.” Levine and Maroon 5 are touring with the original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson. Rozzi Crane opens for this leg of the tour. 7 p.m. 665 Rt. 18., Burgettstown.
2) Today marks the opening day of the Claire Hardy: Pittsburgh Steel Mill Project at the Hoyt Art Center in New Castle. A Pittsburgh native, Hardy works with oils and uses long brush strokes reminiscent of the Impressionist era. Smooth lines and small pops of bold color bring a new light and beauty to the Pittsburgh steel mills. Runs through Sept. 27. 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. 124 E. Leasure Ave., New Castle.
3) Get out your babushka—it’s Polish Day at Kennywood Park! While you’re enjoying a day of rides and your favorite Kennywood foods (or basket full of pierogies and kielbasa), you’re also sure to hear some great Polish music as well. Don’t lose that babushka on Phantom’s Revenge! Park opens at 11 a.m. 4800 Kennywood Blvd., West Mifflin.
4) Sometimes we just need to scream, and if that’s the case tonight, you’ll want to head over to the Rex Theater for some serious heavy metal by All Shall Perish, who headline the Heavy MTL Tour. Intense guitar riffs and equally powerful drums combined with lead singer Hernan “Eddie” Hermida’s signature sound ignite the urge to mosh. Songs like “Never…Again” and “There Is Nothing Left” will definitely get your head banging. Also on the tour are Oceano, Within the Ruins, Obey the Brake, and Reflections and Betrayal. 6 p.m. 1602 E. Carson St., South Side.
5) The Pirates battle the Miami Marlins tonight at PNC Park. 7:05 p.m. 115 Federal St., North Shore.