Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) The Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre presents Giselle. The story is a classic, quintessential ballerina tale of love, betrayal, madness and death. The Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre Orchestra provides the live soundtrack to Giselle. 8 p.m., Benedum Center.
2) Actor/comedian Kevin Hart brings his “Let Me Explain” tour to the Consol Energy Center. Hart had a rough upbringing in North Philadelphia. He turned his pain and life experiences into a comedy act and started winning competitions at east coast comedy clubs. As his comedic vein developed, he also met with success acting in television and movies, including “Undeclared,” “Along Came Polly,” and “Scary Movie 3.” Doors open 7 p.m., Uptown.
3) Detroit’s Insane Clown Posse brings their hip hop duo to Stage AE. The Posse is made up of “wicked clown” personas “Violent J” (real name Joseph Bruce) and Shaggy 2 Dope (Joseph Utsler). Openers: Zug Izland; Drive By; Cold 187um. Doors open 7 p.m., North Shore. Note: Don’t go if you’re afraid of clowns.
4) Bill Toms, respected Pittsburgh rock guitarist and songwriter, plays an early show at Club Cafe tonight. Special guest is Joe Mesiano. 7 p.m. 56-58 S. 12th Street, South Side.
5) Brillobox hosts Pittsburgh poppers Donora in a musical performance with Teammate and special guest Triggers. 10 p.m. 4104 Penn Ave., Bloomfield.
6) For a scary good time, check out Etna’s “The ScareHouse: Pittsburgh’s Ultimate Haunted House.” 7 p.m. – midnight. 436 Butler St., Etna.