Cool Picks Saturday October 20, 2012
Cool Picks brings you the best in Pittsburgh entertainment every day!
1) Popular Pittsburgh rockers, The Clarks, are playing the big stage at the Palace Theatre tonight. Enjoy Greg, Scott, Rob and Dave of “The Clarks” in a classic theatrical atmosphere. Presented by Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Region. 7 p.m., 21 W. Otterman St., Greensburg.
2) Bella Fleck and the Marcus Roberts Trio play the latest event at the Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild Jazz Series. Fleck, considered by many to be the world’s best banjo player, started playing the banjo at the age of fifteen. The Marcus Roberts Trio is tight back-up in the classic jazz tradition, soaring with Roberts on piano. 7 & 9:30 p.m. 1815 Metropolitan St., Manchester.
3) The JCC (Jewish Community Center) hosts the Edgewood Symphony Orchestra in a night of Halloween-related music from Mahler, Bruch, and Mussorgsky. The orchestra will perform in the JCC’s Agnes and Joseph Katz Performing Arts Center. 7:30 p.m. 5738 Darlington Rd., Squirrel Hill.
4) Another musical performance in Squirrel Hill tonight will be given by The Freedom Band (Reggae) at Frankies. Get some great symphony and reggae music in the same night, in the same neighborhood. 9 p.m., 5832 Forward Ave.
5) The Pittsburgh Dance Council presents the Akram Khan Company’s “Vertical Road.” The production is an exciting international dance experience based on Sufi and Persian themes. 8 p.m., Byham Theater. 101 6th St., Downtown Cultural District.