1) “Light, Matter, Memory” continues it’s run at the Wood Street Galleries. Artists Nicky Assmann, Diane Landry, Macular,Yoko Seyama all explore the use of light in relation to materiality and memory. The result is four very cool art installations. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. 601 Wood Street above the “T” Downtown. Free.
2) Steelers host the Carolina Panther’s tonight in the last pre-season game at 7:00 p.m. Good places to watch the Steeler’s game on the South Side are: McArdles Pub (1600 S. 16th St.); Archies (2328 E. Carson St.); Margaritaville (2200 E. Carson St.); Jack’s (1117 E. Carson St.); Carson City Saloon (1401 E. Carson St.).
3) “On The Verge” Semi-Final 3, Altar Bar’s live music competition is happening tonight. The Whisky Rebellion, DP, 9sundays, The Show, Havoc Theory are the bands in tonight’s heat. 7 p.m. All ages. 1620 Penn Avenue, Strip District.
4) Citiparks Mellon Square Summer Concert Series presents blues rockers, Verdict from noon to 1 p.m. Free. Downtown.
5) Citiparks and Dollar Bank are also presenting Cinema in the Park at Brookline Memorial Park. Tonight’s feature is The Adventures of Tintin. Dusk. Free.